Networkers 2009 in Barcelona
By stretch | Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 9:40 a.m. UTC
Well, after hopping around from Iraq to Kuwait to UK to Spain, I've finally settled at my hotel room in Barcelona, and am patiently waiting for Networkers to begin. If you'll be attending this year and see me feel free to say hey.
My (tentative) schedule:
Monday, January 26
- 9:00 AM-6:00 PM - Advanced Enterprise Campus High Availability techtorial
- 6:15 PM-7:45 PM - IPv6 BoF
Tuesday, January 27
- 8:30 AM-9:45 AM - Keynote
- 10:15 AM-12:15 PM - Deploying OSPF in a Large-Scale Network
- 12:30 PM-2:00 PM - IPv6 Transition: Ready Or Not ?
- 2:15 PM-3:45 PM - IPV6 Security: Threats and Mitigation
- 4:15 PM-6:15 PM - Advanced Which Routing Protocol? (IPv4 and IPv6)
Wednesday January 28
- 8:30 AM-10:30 AM - Advanced Impact of Emerging Technologies on Campus Design - Intelligent Access
- 11:00 AM-11:45 AM - Cisco on Cisco: Inside Cisco IT
- 12:00 PM-12:45 PM - Designs to Harden the Secure WAN Edge in Health Care and Financial Networks
- 1:30 PM-3:00 PM - Advanced IPv6 Security: Securing Link-Operations at First Hop
- 3:30 PM-5:30 PM - 13 Smart Ways To Configure your Cisco IOS Network Elements
Thursday January 29
- 8:30 AM-10:30 AM - Enterprise IPv6 Deployment
- 1:30 PM-3:30 PM - Example Router Security Strategy: Security IP network Traffic planes
About the Author
Jeremy Stretch is a network engineer living in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area. He is known for his blog and cheat sheets here at Packet Life. You can reach him by email or follow him on Twitter.
Posted in Announcements
January 25, 2009 at 10:35 a.m. UTC
can you give me the ppt they use in the meeting? i really want to learn
January 25, 2009 at 5:51 p.m. UTC
That's great news !!!.... would you like to share with us by providing ppt or publishing here itself... ?
January 26, 2009 at 8:00 a.m. UTC
We waiting your feedback ;)
January 26, 2009 at 2:20 p.m. UTC
Hello, I´m interested in this PPT, too :-)
January 26, 2009 at 4:35 p.m. UTC
You lucky sod. ;o)
I'd like to the the cisco on cisco one.
January 26, 2009 at 5:25 p.m. UTC
I was having a look for you today, but sadly didnt see you yet. Guess we either gotta make an appointment or have to have luck to meet each other :)
PS: Sorry got the first comment on the wrong post :)
January 26, 2009 at 9:31 p.m. UTC
Lucky dog. I wish I was in Barcelona!
January 27, 2009 at 12:47 a.m. UTC
For those of us who can make it do we get a day by day Strech report? :p
January 27, 2009 at 9:21 a.m. UTC
Hey Stretch. I happen to be in Barcelona on holiday. Where abouts is Networkes? Can I get last minute tickets? :-)
January 27, 2009 at 6:18 p.m. UTC
It seems you have a pretty good gig with your current job. You sure you want to leave it?? There aren't many companies these days that allow their staff out to events like this one.
January 27, 2009 at 7:13 p.m. UTC
Posts are coming guys, not sure whether Cisco frowns on people publishing the slides, will have to ask someone. I wouldn't think they'd have much of a problem with it post-conference.
@Paul: Networkers is at CCIB. I think they're still selling tickets but by this point you've missed a good chunk. =(
@Barry: Ha, that's a good one. No, this is out of pocket for me.
January 31, 2009 at 4:25 p.m. UTC
Cisco publishes the slides and even videos of the sessions on their subscription site, so I suspect they won't like them given away for free. Just registered for the Cisco Live! event in San Francisco in July, the Company is paying so I figured I'd spend the money now so they can't change their minds.
February 24, 2009 at 5:40 p.m. UTC
I REALLY, REALLY like your blog/website even though I may not understand everything!! I am glad that you are now employed but am sad and hope that you continue this blog/website even though you may not have the time now that you are employed.
I REALLY like your 'cheatsheets' but I would call them exam notes instead.
Even if you occasionally keep up this blog/website with long entries, then that would satisfy me.
I don't think that I have even touched some parts of your website.
May 5, 2010 at 12:38 p.m. UTC
Are you going to Vegas for CL2010?