By stretch | Friday, October 3, 2008 at 5:49 a.m. UTC
Some goings-on to occupy your time this fine Friday:
- Ivan Pepelnjak at IOS Hints is running a poll to see which social networking sites are most used by networking professionals. Cast your vote!
- Brandon Carroll of GlobalConfig.net has been recruited to blog at ITworld.com. Way to go dude!
- Greg Ferro at Etherealmind presents the beginning of an interesting argument for favoring certifications over experience when evaluating potential hires. While I suspect I will disagree with some of his conclusions, his is a very valid perspective and well worth the read.
- Steve's running an easter egg contest over at Networking-Forum.com. Win swag or an Amazon gift card!
- There are stirrings about a critical vulnerability in TCP. Despite the lack of any public proof of concept, the general consensus seems to be that the vulnerability is likely real. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.
About the Author
Jeremy Stretch is a network engineer living in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area. He is known for his blog and cheat sheets here at Packet Life. You can reach him by email or follow him on Twitter.
Posted in Random